Made by one of the oldest and last remaining family owned champagne houses, this Brut Souverain is precise, well-balanced, fresh and delicious with flavours of brioche, crunchy cherries and white peach.
- Grape: Blend of Chardonnay 50% and Pinot Noir 45%
- 2/3 Grand Cru and Premier Cru Grapes
- Flavours: brioche, crunchy cherries, white peach and walnuts
- Aromas: citrus fruit, floral bouquets, elderberry and vine blossom
- Region: Champagne, France
- Serve with: as an aperitif or for any celebration
- Serve temperature: chilled 8 degrees -
- Sparkling Winemaker of the year for 2015 and 2016
- 100% money back guarantee
- Buy once and get on the list for our weekly deals (No obligation to buy again)
Master Sommelier's Notes
The House of Henriot is one of the rare Champagne houses that have stayed in the same family for over two hundred years. With no outside influence, the house is uninhibited in its pursuit of quality first and foremost in every one of their wines. The exceptional proportion of wines from Premier Cru and Grand Cru vineyards, the ageing times and the quantity of reserve wines used in producing each blend illustrate the demanding standards that are only possible thanks to the freedom to make decisions, years of experience and the imagination to create the future.
The son of a wine grower, Chef de Cave Laurent Fresnet has won the International Wine Challenge “Sparkling Winemaker of the Year” award for two successive years, in 2015 and again in 2016. Laurent arrived for the harvest in 2005 and now encapsulates the Henriot House style in every champagne, with a true expression of terroir. Henriot is a Chardonnay dominant Champagne house, producing some of the finest blancs that are precise, elegant and luminous. To faithfully reproduce Henriot’s house style every year, the Brut Souverain may contain up to 50 different crus in a cleverly orchestrated balance. All three non-vintage wines - Souverain, Blanc de Blancs and Rose - are aged for four years on lees prior to disgorgement, and include 40% reserve wines. Champagne Henriot enjoyed extraordinary success at the 2016 Decanter and IWC awards, receiving a gold medal or best-in-show trophy for every one of their wines.