Award-winning 5 Star Halliday winery in the Eden Valley, Barossa
A perfect example of the South Australian GSM.
Grape: 60% Grenache, 30% Shiraz, 10% Mataro
- Region: Clare and Barossa Valley
- Cellaring: This wine can be enjoyed now or until 2028
- Alcohol: 13.8%
- Aroma: This vibrant, juicy, and well-balanced wine shows aromas of red berries, cherries, and spice.
- Palate: The palate is textual and elegant with the same red fruits, wild strawberries, and spice. A perfect example of this famous South Australian blend.
- Wine making: All parcels of this GSM were picked at optimum ripeness at around 13.5-14 Baume with 10-20% whole bunches remaining in the fermentation. The fruit was held at 10-15 degrees for two days before being allowed to warm and start fermentation naturally. After 12 days on skins and gentle daily hand plunging, the wines were pressed to 100% seasoned French oak 500L puncheons where they matured for 15 months. No fining or filtration was used on these wines.
Awards: Gold Medal Barossa Wine Show - 2021