This Pinot Noir is well balanced, and gives a clear impression of the highly mineralised sedimentary clay of the Home Vines - Black Estates main vineyard.
- Grape: Pinot Noir Aromas: forest berry, wild rose petal & humid earth
- Flavours: Dense mouth coating tannins that are tightly wound and gradually melt to reveal rich berry fruits, red current and humus
- Region: North Canterbury, New Zealand
- Ready to drink now until 2028
- Organic and biodynamic vineyard
NZ Organic Wine Awards ‘Winery of the Year 2017’: Black Estate
“Black Estate’s wines have caused more discussion amongst our judges than any other wines, leading to rather late nights on more than one occasion. Their wines are all sophisticatedly exclusive, from their four varietal Rose blend to their three unique Pinot Noir’s. Each wine they produce adds complexity and depth beyond what you expect, when you think you have a complete understanding of the wine another layer unfolds and adds to the intrigue. Black Estate achieved more Gold and Silver medals than any other vineyard partaking in the 2017 awards.”